Last Updated: 14 Feb 2022
Eureka, Inc. ("Eureka") offers a mobile application that makes it easy for you to figure out whether a drug, diet, or lifestyle change works for you.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Services or otherwise includes:
- Account details, such as your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Login information, such as your username and password.
- Demographic and biographic information, such as gender, weight, and height.
- Activity data you upload to the app, such as the results of your personalized experiments.
- Payment data needed to complete your orders on or through the Service (including name, payment card information, bank account number, billing information), and your purchase history. This information is processed directly by our payment service providers.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with those communications
- Automatic Data Collection.We may automatically log information about your interactions with our Services and communications, such as:
- Device data, such as mobile device operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, screen resolution, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens viewed, how long you spend on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Service delivery , including to:
- Provide, operate, and improve our Services and our business;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications; and
- Provide support, and respond to requests, questions, and feedback.
- Research and development, including to:
- Develop new features, products, and services; and
- Create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data or analytics
Marketing, including to:
- Market our Services and other services that we believe may be of interest to you; you may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the "Opt out of marketing communications" section below.
Compliance and protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your, or others' rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, payment processing, email delivery, and website analytics services).
- Advertising partners. We may share your personal information with third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
- Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
- Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Eureka or our affiliates (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the emails you receive from us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Opt out of push notifications. If you opt-in to receive push notifications within the app, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device from time to time. You can deactivate push notifications and alerts at any time by changing your device settings, changing the push notification settings within the app, or deleting the app.
Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Processing Personal Information in the US
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Other Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at email@example.com
We exist to accelerate every human’s pursuit of better health